We came to Tassie in 2007, mainly to look after Graham's Mum, Nell. It’s now 2 years since she passed away, and we’ve begun to feel that we’re too far from our families back in North America. Those feelings have been heightened recently with Graham learning he is to become a grandfather with the birth of his son Luke's first child in Vancouver, Canada.
So, we’ve decided to return to Hawaii in North America in March 2015. We've had a wonderful time in Tassie, made great friends, and are so glad to have had quality time with Nell. But, life always seems to present new journeys for us, and a new one is soon to begin…
The property is SOLD! This information is for anyone with interest about our sustainable home and property in Franklin,Tasmania.
- 4.29 ha (10.6 acre) parcel with 180° views of Mt Wellington, the Huon valley and river, and our local valley, situated with ideal northern aspect
- Approx. 5 acres pasture and 5 acres native bush with 2 dams
- Sealed 350 metre driveway with underground utilities.
- 72 m2 1 Bedroom, 1.5 bath cottage with attached 3-bay carport/workshop/laundry (129 m2 total), hay shed, stockyard and greenhouse
- Cleared building area for a separate dwelling with all services in place
- 3.7 kW photovoltaic system providing net credit annual electricity bill
- Passive solar design, with double-glazing throughout, high insulation levels, and phase-change material for thermal mass in ceiling
Please view the video above and browse the recent photos on right.